Tour des Fjords Experience
August 13-15th 2021
total distance (km)
total elevation gain (m)
Get ready for a new experience! Tour des Fjords Experience is a new 3-day stage race for amateur riders of all levels.
The Stavanger region offers a perfect terrain for the event which will be made of 3 very different stages. You will experience some of the most beautiful and demanding roads Norway has to offer when the race will take you from Lysefjord to the top of Lysebotn on the second stage. Twenty-seven hairpin turns and a 900m elevation gain in less than 10 kilometers is what you will need to face. To the contrary, the first and the third stages will give you the opportunity to ride fast. Firstly with an individual time trial on Friday evening and secondly with a tactical final stage on Sunday morning. Rest assured, Tour des Fjords Experience is an experience you will not forget!
If you prefer to ride only a single day and take part in one of the most iconic cyclosportives of the year, choose Lysebotn-Bryne. It is the most well-known cyclosportive in Rogaland and it includes the famous Lysebotn climb (9km at 10%). If you don't feel ready to ride up Lysebotn yet, then Sirdal-Bryne is the perfect opportunity for you. Both Lysebotn-Bryne and Sirdal-Bryne are included in Tour des Fjords Experience. You will get to choose which one of the two you want to do as part of the second stage.
If you do not have the opportunity to be in Stavanger on Friday for the time trial but still want to join the race, you can skip the first stage in exchange of a time penalty on your general classification time.
1st STAGE: TIME TRIAL
August 13th at 18pm |
The first stage is an individual time trial. More information to come.
2nd STAGE: LYSEBOTN-BRYNE (OR SIRDAL-BRYNE, YOUR CHOICE)
August 14th at 10am | 147 km (or 101 km)
The second stage is Rogaland's most famous cyclosportive: Lysebotn-Bryne. This year is the 30th edition of the traditional ride. The stage starts in Lysebotn at the bottom of "Norway's Alpe d 'Huez". The climb is 9km long, 10% steep and contains no less than 27 hairpin turns. If you are not quite ready for the Lysebotn climb yet, then Sirdal-Bryne is the perfect alternative for you.
3rd STAGE: CIRCUIT
August 15th at 9am |
The race will start and finish at Håland Skole. The circuit is 12.8 km, and the riders will do a total of 6 laps. Watch out for crosswind at Hellestø beach!
Maps & Profiles
More information to come
2nd STAGE: LYSEBOTN-BRYNE
From the highest point on the route (15.7km) to a little before Fidjeland (36km) there will be a non-timed zone. This is to ensure the safety of all participants in the narrow downhill and on the roadwork section before Fidjeland. Timing will restart automatically when passing the restart point.
|Early bird||Second tier||Normal|
|Early bird||Second tier||Normal|
* The organizer reserves the right to make minor changes to the event and the routes.
What is included in the registration?
- A backpack which can be used during the event (you give it to us at the start and you can pick it up at the finish each day)
- A finisher t-shirt
- Leader jerseys for the best woman and man
- A detailed technical guide with all info about the stages
- Marshalls along the route
- Motorcycle marshalls in front of the peloton
- Security vehicles to escort the peloton (including a “broom wagon” after the last rider)
- A professional medical team available during the stages and at the finish
- Mechanical support both at the start areas and during the stages
- Personal bike plate to be placed on your bike and a bib number to be placed on the back
- Feed stations with food and energy products (solid, liquid, energy bars) for each stage
- Bike storage place at the end of each stage
- Daily rankings
- Live timing for all stages
- Food buffet after the last stage before returning home
- Professional photographers throughout the event