August 15th 2020 - 10:30am
elevation gain (m)
The traditional Lysebotn-Bryne race celebrates its 30th anniversary and becomes part of Tour des Fjords Experience. The race is Rogaland's most famous cyclosportive and will be part of Tour des Fjords Experience as the 2nd of the 3 stages of the event. It is possible to sign up for "Lysebotn-Bryne" only or for the whole event.
The ferry trip to the start in Lysebotn is a reason in itself to participate! The trip into Lysefjord offers an unforgettable experience which, among other things, takes you past the Pulpit Rock. The stage starts in Lysebotn at the bottom of "Norway's Alpe d 'Huez". The climb is 9km long, 10% steep and contains no less than 27 hairpin turns. It will be a brutal but fantastic start to the stage. Remember to enjoy the view on the way up. After the summit, the route gets easier but includes some short hills on the way.
The event will pursue the spirit of the traditional "Lysebotn-Bryne" with a bigger overall experience. To be noted, this year there will be a neutral zone from the top of Lysebotn climb to the junction with the Fv975 (33km from the start). Use this to enjoy the view and to spend time at the feed station located on the top of the climb.
What is included in the registration?
- A detailed technical guide with all info about the race
- Marshalls along the route
- Motorcycle marshalls in front of the peloton
- Security vehicles to escort the peloton (including a “broom wagon” after the last rider)
- A professional medical team available during the race and at the finish
- Mechanical support both at the start area and during the race
- Personal bike plate to be placed on your bike and a bib number to be placed on the back
- Feed stations with fresh food and energy products (solid, liquid, energy bars)
- Rankings online/app
- Professional photographers throughout the event (personal photos available for purchase after the event)